The Medical Blog

Men's Health

Al Roker Needs To Get His Bicep Re-Attached After Yet Another Surgery

al_roker

By Lechette Walker

The “Today Show” was missing the popular, weather man Al Roker on Wednesday. Roker explained that he experienced unexpected setbacks after a shoulder surgery. Rocker at 59 years old, had his bicep reattached by surgeons that extended his recovery. He tweeted to his fans while assuring him that he was appreciative and recovering after surgery.

‘Thanks for well wishes. A lot more damage to the rotator than they thought and my bicep had to reattached,’ he wrote.

‘Rotator cuff repair this am. Thanks to Dr. Riley Williams and his team, back to pitching middle relief for the Yankees before you know it.

Rocker has been under the knife several times throughout his weatherman career. The gastric bypass surgery was a big headline back in 2002 when Rocker had the weight loss procedure. As a result of the surgery he dropped off 100 lbs. with diet and exercise. He experienced other surgeries that included knee replacement and a back operation.

He is expected to undergo physical therapy on his arm that will last for a coupler of weeks. As his recovery goes forward, it is expected for him to have a shoulder sling as he heals. There has not been any other details released about his operation but we hope his recovery goes well.

“Thanks to everyone for all the well wishes. As soon as I can, PT for my rotator cuff,” said Roker.

Roker appeared on the Today show on Friday morning telling his colleagues that he feel “pretty good”. He has plans to be back on the air on Monday wearing his sling. He also stated that he got a call from Vice President Joe Biden on Thursday.  He had jokes that showed his humor stating “We’re moving ever so closer to getting the vice-president to come to the 9 o’clock hour. Even if I have to rip my arm off.”

Sources:

Tagged ,

PinIt
Information provided in this website is for informational and educational purposes only and is not intended to provide medical consultation or as a substitute for medical advice provided by a physician or qualified medical professional. The Medical Blog does not endorse advertisements on this site.

10 thoughts on “Al Roker Needs To Get His Bicep Re-Attached After Yet Another Surgery

1. manipal

The shoulder surgeons can play an inevitable role in conferring a treatment to the shoulder problems. Contact the shoulder surgeons in the city for the high quality of shoulder treatment.

2. health

I’ve truly read through several excellent stuff here. Well worth bookmarking regarding returning to. My spouse and i big surprise the way a bunch try you placed to produce this type of wonderful beneficial site.

3. Leilani M. Robair

Hello! I know this is kind of off-topic however I needed to ask.
    Does operating a well-established website like yours take a lot of work?
    I’m completely new to operating a blog but I do write
    in my diary every day. I’d like to start a blog so I will be
    able to share my own experience and feelings online.
    Please let me know if you have any suggestions or
    tips for brand new aspiring blog owners. Thankyou!

Look at my blog: Leilani M. Robair

4. insurancemavericks.zendesk.com

Make sure you have due cause to create up the digital camera
    in the place and then there isn’t an expectancy of privacy otherwise you may end up in huge trouble.
    The exact method of applying security will depend on the router,
    so you must refer in your router manual. If you want to get
    more information about home security products, please visit:.

As with a lot of security minded apps this is just
    not as simple as you could like as it needs to become
    very secure. The Svat WSE201 wireless camera can help you keep an eye
    about the outside of your house or business.

It is really a perfect means of introducing your small business, and also the products or services in connection with it.

Although there exists usually overlap relating to the different kinds, there are
    also important variations. Security camera software
    mac important – insurancemavericks.zendesk.com
    – Enclose a copy of one’s artist’s statement when you send a website article,
    letter appealing to a gallery or store, or speak to a collector.
    With this, you’ll surely fascinate readers and spectators of one’s article.

5. mobilenationhq.zendesk.com

gluten free apple pie crumb topping

The reply to these questions will give you a fantastic idea of the youmight be comfortable covering
    without much effort. Their advice is helpful whether you publish online or in some recoverable format or write non-fiction or fiction content.
    Gluten free foods list small (mobilenationhq.zendesk.com) The budget narrative is basically a summary of commentary necessary to
    clarify and justify the figures on your budget. However, it
    sure does much bigger information than actually appears in words.

6. Domitila E. Cesario

Right here is the right website for anybody who would like to
    find out about this topic. You know a whole lot its almost hard to argue with you (not that I really would want
    to…HaHa). You certainly put a new spin on a topic which has
    been discussed for ages. Excellent stuff, just great!

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Comments

• Decide 4 Life: I believe that the operator made the right choice. She was only following the guidelines and protocols set towards her. Resuscitation doesn't work all the time, but it would be better to stick towards protocols and try to save the patient rather than second-guess the paperwork for the DNR order. If anything, the operator shouldn't be put into civil action. View Post
  • Annabella: This is real take it serious, who will believe that a herb can cure herpes, i never believe that this will work i have spend a lot when getting drugs from the hospital to keep me healthy, what i was waiting for is death because i was broke, one day i hard about this great man who is well know of HIV and cancer cure, i decided to email him, unknowingly to me that this will be the end of the herpes in my body, he prepare the herb for me, and give me instruction on how to take it, at the end of the one month, he told me to go to the hospital for a check up, and i went, surprisingly after the test the doctor confirm me negative, i thought it was a joke, i went to other hospital was also negative, then i took my friend who was also suffering from herpes to the Dr OSAS, after the treatment she was also confirm herpes free . He also have the herb to cure cancer. please i want every one with this virus to be free, that is why am dropping his email address, doctorosasherbalhome@gmail. com do email him he is a great man. the government is also interested in this DR, thank you for saving my life, and I promise I will always testify for your good work THESE ARE THE THINGS DR OSAS DOES 1. HERPES 2. LASSA FEVER 3. GONORRHEA 4. HIV/AIDS 5. LOW SPERM COUNT 6. MENOPAUSE DISEASE 7. EPILEPSY 8. ASEPSIS 9. CANCER 10. ANXIETY DEPRESSION 11. PREGNANCY PROBLEM 12. SHORT SIGHTEDNESS PROBLEM 14. Male menopause 15. Menopause - male 16. Menopause - peri 17. Menstruation problems 18. Mercury Poisoning 19. Migraine 20. Miscarriage 21. Mites (demodex mites) 22. Mites (scabies mites) 23. Motion sickness 24. Mouth ulcer 25. MRSA 26. Multiple sclerosis 27. Muscle cramps 28. Myodesopsia 29. Stroke 30. He can as well cast and remove spell View Post
  • wanda: Love the line that "he loves her for 'her.'" Oh give me a break. If he truly loved her for who she was, she never would have had to go under the knife in the first place. View Post
  • wanda: I guess there are all kinds of things out there that will enable any one to change anything that they don't like about themselves, except their hearts. If that's not right, then no amount of external cosmetic change is going to do it. View Post
  • Christine: What difference does it her changing the color of her eyes!!!! It could be she just wanted to enhance her beauty!!!!!!!! Why do people find it necessary to put other people down? Why is it necessary? Its just the Khans hating on Black People!!!! Leave the girl alone! So what. I feel it is Jealousy when people are always putting another human being down. Maybe you need to look at yourself, maybe you don't feel good about yourself!!!!!!! Think about. I love the Family Hustle Show!!!!!!! And Tiny and her best friend show Weave on Wheels. Stop Hating!!!!!!! View Post

News In Pictures

• Health Information You Need
  • Tips From Leading Experts
  • Information Delivered to Your Inbox Daily
Let's Get Healthy Together!!!