Doctor infected with Ebola holds a press conference

1

ATLANTA — Doctors said there is no threat to the public’s health with the release of two Americans with Charlotte ties after their treatment for Ebola.

Dr. Kent Brantly and Nancy Writebol both recovered from the virus at Emory University Hospital in Atlanta.Brantly was released Thursday and Writebol left the hospital on Tuesday.

Channel 9 reporter Dave Faherty was with volunteers at Samaritans Purse as they watched Brantly speak for the first time Thursday.

Dozens of people applauded and others shed tears as Brantly walked into the press conference with his wife by his side.

“Today is a miraculous day. I am thrilled to be alive, to be well and to be reunited with my family,” Brantly said.

Brantly was infected with the deadly disease last month while working as a relief aid worker in Liberia through Samaritans Purse.

He spoke about trying to treat those with the virus in West Africa where already more than 1,300 people have died.

He also talked about the importance of his faith after becoming sick.

“As I lay in my bed in Liberia for the following nine days, getting sicker and weaker each day, I prayed that God would help me to be faithful even in my illness, and I prayed that in my life or in my death, He would be glorified,” Brantly said.

 

CLICK TO READ MORE

 

1 Comment

Leave A Reply